I believe that ultimately we all want peace and fulfillment more than anything else. Of course there are other things you want other than peace and fulfillment and the truth is we must actualize some of these other things. if we are to attain deep and lasting fulfillment right of course fulfillment itself comes primarily from these other things primarily but it still emanates from within we all want to grow to contribute. We want stimulation and to matter in actualizing these things will bring fulfillment. So here are five tips to create greater peace and help you achieve everything else that you want including fulfillment and the other subcategories.
- Number one except only self compassion and positive self-talk. This is a tough one most of us engage in self-flagellation to one degree or another. Most of the time make it an active individual practice to seek out and compliment yourself on your skills, your virtues, and your wins each day. Let me repeat that, make an active and habitual practice of this as opposed to occasionally possibly remembering to do it in fact right now put reading on pause, do come back get out your smartphone and schedule a reminder for twice a day every day for the next month so you won’t forget and you’ll make it a habit seriously do it now otherwise you will forget. In a great and positive and simple tool for your happiness fulfillment and success will go to waste do it now okay but Julie recognize praise and congratulate yourself as you would a small child you love deeply the end of each day make a list of three to five things you did well and then also add one thing you’ll do better next time and how you’ll do it better always keep this ratio skewed it to at least three two one preferably five to one positive 2 next time I’ll do better.
- Number two never compare yourself to another human be we all have our own path we all have our own brain mind personality and circumstances another’s path has no bearing whatsoever on our validity ability or journey other than in empowering lessons we can take from their lives learn from others but don’t ever compare yourself positive or negative to others believe in yourself be aware of and grateful for your strengths while determined to constantly grow and improve alright
- Number three accept even celebrate that life will absolutely have disappointments and pain we all want to grow right we all want to figure things out we all want to succeed and we all want to matter well if we aren’t growing and developing our lives can’t grow and develop let me ask you when do we grow most heck for most of us when do we grow at all it’s when so when we experience obstacles disappointments frustrations and yes even pain that’s when we grow most so hack your mind to revel in obstacles and in disappointments and even pain know that they are not permanent nor are they an indication of any lack on your part see and feel them as beautiful opportunities to take advantage of and accelerate personal development that bring us closer to being the person and success for which we are destined.
- Number 4 there is no failure but in failing to begin or failing to continue let me repeat that there is no failure but in failing to begin or failing to continue I passionately believe this to be true whatever our outcomes we only fail in not trying or in giving up stay true to your ultimate purpose mission and vision and adjust your strategies and tactics as wisdom dictates you by the way changing direction is it necessarily failure or negative don’t give up on your dream state true to your soul if you’re meant truly meant for a path other than the one you’re currently on accept that and move on passionately into the new direction be generous loving kind and compassionate with yourself having hold yourself to high standards absolutely but with loving compassion and optimism that you will capitalize and prevail in all circumstances treat yourself with the love patience and compassion that a wise altruistic elder would treat the beautiful soul of a child
- Number five love yourself believe that you are perfect but that you will become more perfect today and tomorrow because the journey is never over keep the self-image constantly love support praise and humor yourself again as you would a child or a friend that you most love or would love to be supported by another but also keep the thirst for personal development and success burning within we are all works in process perfect as we are but driven to an ever higher level of perfection today and tomorrow there you have it five habitual practices that will help you bring what you were after love peace prosperity growth stimulation probably anything else your soul and your mind desire
Credits: Christopher Babson